Scarlett Johansson has once again been given the honour of Esquire‘s Sexiest Women Alive title. Go Scar-Jo! The actress first claimed the title back in 2006 and it seems 7 years later she’s still as sexy as ever and you’ve gotta admit, she’s looking pretty darn hot.
So what is it about Scarlett that’s so ruddy sexy? Remember that rather fabulous bottom in the opening shot of Lost in Translation? It was certainly enough to brighten up Bill Murray’s day. Or how about her sultry turn in Match Point alongside Jonathan Rhys Meyers? Phwoar indeed.
Yep, whether she’s playing it more reserved – hello The Girl in the Pearl Earring – or sexing it up in leather as the Avengers’ Black Widow, Scarlett is sure to heat up the silver screen. And it’s that sex appeal which has landed her campaigns with both Calvin Klein and Dolce & Gabanna, as well as one or two hunky men (RIP Scarlett and Ryan).
Away from the film world, Scarlett never fails to bring that old Hollywood glamour to her red carpet appearances – see her best in the gallery above. She wraps her curves in Dolce & Gabbana beauties that make the most of her figure and often turns to Donatella Versace for a show-stopper. Perhaps most memorably, she wore a divine Versace dress to the Golden Globe Awards in 2006.
Need more proof of Scarlett’s hotness? We’ve compiled the top 10 most scorching moments that goes some way to explaining why she’s still queen of all things sexy…
1. THAT opening scene in Lost in Translation
2. This super hot kiss with Jonathan Rhys Meyers in Match Point
3. The dress she wore to the 2006 Golden Globes got this man very excited
4. But she looks just as good in a glam gown as she does dressed-down
Scarlett Johansson at the 2011 Oscars and in Cannes in 2006 [Getty]
5. She looks fierce in a leather catsuit
6. She got Bradley Cooper all hot and bothered in He’s Just Not That Into You
7. She boldly got naked on the cover of Vanity Fair
8. She was sultry in black and white for Calvin Klein in 2006
9. And the Dolce & Gabbana campaign proved she’s our era’s Marilyn Monroe
10. And finally there was this. Case closed.
by Stephanie Chase